- NATO Stands Together as Biden Reaffirms U.S. Commitment to Allianceby Jim Garamone on June 15, 2021 at 5:29 pm
The United States regards Article 5 of NATO's founding treaty — which states an attack on one country is an attack on all — as a sacred commitment, President Joe Biden said in Brussels.
- Official Says Input From Allies on Nuclear Posture Review to Be Importantby David Vergun on June 11, 2021 at 10:20 pm
Nuclear deterrence remains the Defense Department's highest priority mission, the acting assistant secretary of defense for strategy, plans and capabilities said, adding that more is needed to confront these growing, multifaceted threats.
- Border Barrier Money Returns, Ukraine Aid Package Announcedby Jim Garamone on June 11, 2021 at 9:53 pm
The Biden administration's cancellation of border barriers returns $2.2 billion to the Defense Department, Pentagon Press Secretary John F. Kirby said.
- DOD Leaders Share Their Intelligence Threat Assessmentsby David Vergun on June 11, 2021 at 8:04 pm
Defense intelligence leaders addressed the capabilities and gaps of military intelligence during a hearing before the House Armed Services Subcommittee on Intelligence and Special Operations.
- Missile Defense Review Will Address Growing Threats From Iran, North Korea, Othersby DoD News on June 11, 2021 at 4:30 pm
With nations such as North Korea, Iran, Russia and China all maturing their missile technology, the Defense Department plans to launch a review of its own missile defense policies, strategies and capabilities over the next few months.
- Milley Says Budget Request Balances Readiness, Modernizationby Jim Garamone on June 10, 2021 at 7:58 pm
President Joe Biden's fiscal year 2022 defense budget request strikes a balance between readiness today and future modernization, Army Gen. Mark A. Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said.
- Austin Calls DOD FY22 Budget Request 'Right Mix of Capabilities'by Jim Garamone on June 10, 2021 at 7:08 pm
Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III told the Senate Armed Services Committee that President Joe Biden's fiscal year 2022 budget request is the right mix for the Defense Department.
- DOD Announces Center to Collaborate on, Advance Shared Interests in Arctic Regionby DoD News on June 9, 2021 at 9:29 pm
The Ted Stevens Center for Arctic Security Studies will be the sixth regional center for the Defense Department, Pentagon Press Secretary John F. Kirby said.
- Austin Signs Internal Directive to Unify Department's China Effortsby Jim Garamone on June 9, 2021 at 6:33 pm
Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III issued an internal directive to laser-focus Defense Department efforts to address China as the nation's number one pacing challenge.
- Austin: 'No One Should Have to Hide Who They Love to Serve the Country They Love'by Terri Moon Cronk on June 9, 2021 at 4:59 pm
The Defense Department celebrates the extraordinary achievements of its LGBTQ+ service members, civilian employees and their families' sacrifices during Pride Month, Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III said.
- Official Says DOD on Track to Accelerate Delivery of Hypersonic Weaponsby David Vergun on June 9, 2021 at 12:13 pm
Hypersonics is a key element of the Defense Department's modernization activity, delivering high-speed, long-range lethal effects that can take out high-priority targets on the battlefield, a key Defense Department official said.
- DOD Vaccine Centers Draw Down to 5by C. Todd Lopez on June 8, 2021 at 9:13 pm
After much success administering millions of COVID-19 vaccines, many community vaccination centers staffed by the Defense Department and the Federal Emergency Management Agency are closing.
- Hicks Provides Overview of DOD Prioritiesby David Vergun on June 8, 2021 at 8:15 pm
The fiscal year 2022 defense budget request is aligned to the National Security Strategy and the National Defense Strategy and is guided by the Defense Department's priorities, Deputy Defense Secretary Kathleen H. Hicks said.
- U.S. Leaders See NATO Summit as Means to Strengthen Trans-Atlantic Tiesby Jim Garamone on June 7, 2021 at 7:33 pm
President Joe Biden and Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III will attend next week's NATO Summit, stressing America's commitment to collective defense.
- Ukraine Making Progress on Defense Reforms, Official Saysby David Vergun on June 7, 2021 at 6:56 pm
America is unwavering in its support for Ukraine sovereignty, territorial integrity and Euro Atlantic aspirations, said the deputy assistant secretary of defense for Russia, Ukraine and Eurasia.
- Quick Guides
- About Us
- Sign Up