Galenia Hospital, Cancún, Q. Roo. Since december 2013
Specialist in general and gastrointestinal surgery, and basic and advanced laparoscopy.
Christus Muguerza High Specialty Hospital, Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico. March 2008 – February
Resident doctor of General Surgery, with training in basic and advanced laparoscopy, and academic and
Hospiten Medical Group. Barceló and Fairmont Mayakoba Riviera Maya Hotels. November 2006 –
General doctor with different medical and surgical activities, attending hotel staff and guests from different
Medical specialty in General Surgery and Advanced Laparoscopy.
University of Monterrey, Christus Muguerza High Specialty Hospital. March 2008 – February 2012. Health
care, academic and scientific activities.
General Medical Degree.
Faculty of Medicine of the Autonomous University of Yucatán. 1998 – 2005.
Overall career average: 91.7. Entitled through a professional examination. Best average of undergraduate
rotating internship with 96.8 rating, and chief of medical interns of undergraduate of the Agustin O ́Horan
General Hospital in Merida, Yucatan, Mexico.
CONTINUING EDUCATION AND RESEARCH:
An active member of the Mexican Association of General Surgery.
Certified by the Mexican Board of General Surgery.
Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) course.
Annual assistance to the International Congress of General Surgery, held in different cities of Mexico, among
XIV Internacional Congress ECOS in General Surgery, 2017, Mexico City.
XLI International Congress of General Surgery, 2017, Acapulco, Guerrero.
– Co-author of the next work: Intussusception in the adult. Case report
– Postgrade course. Advanced digestive surgery: Achalasia and GERD
40th International Congress of General Surgery, 2016, Mérida, Yucatán.
– Author of the research work: Paget Shroetter syndrome (Deep vein thrombosis of upper limb effort).
Diagnosis and treatment.
– Postgrade course. Oncological principles, I find a tumor, what do I do?
39th International Congress of General Surgery, November 2015, Monterrey, NL, Mexico.
– Author of the research work: Negative pressure therapy in large open abdomen. Presentation of case report
and review of literature.
38th International Congress of General Surgery, October 2014, Leon, Guanajuato, Mexico. Author of
– Intestinal obstruction by Meckel’s diverticulum. Case and literature review.
– Intestinal obstruction secondary to small bowel volvulus and internal hernia. Case report.
37th International Congress of General Surgery, October 2013, Acapulco, Guerrero, Mexico.
XX International congress of endoscopic surgery, May 2011, Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, Mexico.
Speaker and co-author of the research work:
– Laparoscopic surgery under regional anesthesia. Casuistry of appendectomies and inguinal plasty by
laparoscopic surgery with epidural block.
– Laparoscopic appendectomy of interval. A case report and review of literature.
– Plasty of postincisional recurrent and inguinal hernia. Description of the laparoscopic technique.
XIX International congress of endoscopic surgery, May 2010, Cancun, Q. Roo, Mexico. Speaker and co-
author of the following free works:
– Gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST). Experience in laparoscopic management.
– Laparoscopic colostomy reversal. Number of cases and technique.
– Simpactectomy by thoracoscopy. Number of cases and technique.
XX International course in General Surgery. “Controversies and surgeon’s surgical activities in their daily
practice”. March 2009, Monterrey, NL, Mexico.
Symposium News in Sepsis and 1st hyperbaric medicine symposium, September 2008, Monterrey, NL,
Thesis for the degree of specialist in General Surgery with the work: “Evaluation of the effectiveness and
safety of the laparoscopic surgery under regional anesthesia”. 2012
Thesis for degree of doctor surgeon with the research: “Detection of antibodies against the proteins p24 and
p40 of the virus of Borna disease in psychiatric patients treated in Merida, Yucatan, Mexico”. 2005
Mother tongue: Spanish
English: High level
Italian: Medium level